A suggestion for workflow for long running jobs (days, weeks, months) that are run on an external resource (computer or cluster).
- In bioclipse configure your job somehow
- Click on "Generate external job" or equivalent, this results in an archive-file (zip, tar...). Which contains all necessary data, all necessary auxiliary files for programs and two shell scripts, start.sh and finished.sh.
- Unpack the archive on the external resource and run the start.sh
- When done, run finished.sh. This will create a new archive with all results.
- Drag and drop of this archive on bioclipse and it updates the workspace with the results.
The last step requires the archive to have a file within it that describes the job and what is done OR that bioclipse matches on archive filename.