This page will give information on the documentation requirements for the Bioclipse 1.0 release.
Since the idea of release 1.0 is to be sort of a preview release for potential users, the main attention is on end user documentation, and much less on JavaDoc, and tutorial.
The user manual is kept in the Plugin/doc directories and exported for the web and put on the website by admins.
General idea of types of documentation
Every plugin should provide:
- Screenshot of each full perspective with all views with explanation
- Screenshot of each view with explanation
- Actions descriptions
- Wizards/dialogs decription with screenshots
- At least one step-by-step tutorial (a perfect occupation on the train/plane/terminal from Cologne to Berlin)
All plugins should have an About help page which lists copyright, licenses (for third party libraries too!), URLs, and preferably a bibliography of related articles (e.g. the CDK about.html should cite the two CDK articles).
Order in the help toc.xml
- Jmol scripting language [DONE]
- Menus in JCP (Tobias)