Bioclipse Workshop Oct/Nov 2006
Monday October 30th 14.00 - Friday November 3rd 12.00
Monday and Friday are planned as travel days, and have an informal character.
CUBIC, Cologne, Germany
Who should attend
Anyone interested in learning more about using Bioclipse, and developers who are interested in writing Bioclipse plugins for libraries they have wriiten.
On Tuesday through Thursday presentations, discussion, workshops and work sessions are planned. A detailed program will follow. The topics of the discussion, workshops and work sessions will be determined on Monday by the participants. Evenings downtown and a short cultural event are not uncommonly used to get to know each other better, and discuss things more informally.
|Tuesday||10:30||Presentation 1: E.L. Willighagen: "Complex Documents and the ChildResource Creator Extension Point"|
|11:00||Demo 1: E. L. Willigahagen: "Mining litterature for chemistry with Oscar3"|
|13:00||Presentation 2: Stefan Kuhn: "NMRShiftDB functions in Bioclipse"|
|16:00||Discussion: QSAR in Bioclipse|
|17:00||Hack session: QSAR in Bioclipse|
|19:00||Dinner + drinks|
|10:00||Presentation 3: Ola Spjuth: "Bioclipse present state and future"|
|10:00||Presentation 4: Johannes Wagener: "Web services in Bioclipse"|
|13:00||Discussion: Scripting support|
|10:30||Discussion: Bioclipse release schedule and functionality|
|18:00||Dinner + drinks|
|Thursday||9:00||Recap of previous day|
|9:30||Discussion: SWT/Swing issues, Mac OS X support|
|10:00||Presentation 5: Miguel Rojas: "Medea functions in Bioclipse"|
|10:30||Presentation 6: Christoph Steinbeck: "The COSI initiative"|
|14:00||Bug Squash Session|
|11:00||Presentations of preliminary results|
- ??: When/Which workshop (see below for proposals)
- 1: Database support in Bioclipse
- 2: Scripting support
- 2: Bioclipse 1.1 release schedule and functionality
- 3: QSAR in Bioclipse
- 5: SWT/Swing issues, Mac OS X support
- 6: Publication
- 1: E.L. Willighagen: "Complex Documents and the ChildResource Creator Extension Point"
- 2: Stefan Kuhn: "NMRShiftDB functions in Bioclipse"
- 3: Ola Spjuth: "Bclipse present state and future"
- 4: Johannes Wagener: "Web services in Bioclipse"
- 5: Miguel Rojas: "Medea functions in Bioclipse"
- 6: Christoph Steinbeck: "The COSI initative"
Proposed Hack Sessions
- Ola Spjuth: "Writing plugins: how to link your library into Bioclipse"
- Egon Willighagen/Stefan Kuhn: "Writing Documentation and Tutorials, and CheatSheets and welcome screens"
- Egon Willighagen/Ola Spjuth?: "Bootstrapping a QSAR client"
- Egon Willighagen, "Mining literature for Chemistry using OSCAR3"
Registration is free and open to all users and (future) developers of the Bioclipse and Bioclipse plugins. Accommodation and living costs are at own expense.
Send an email to Prof. Christoph Steinbeck, c.steinbeck(AT)uni-koeln.de, head of the molecular informatics research group at the CUBIC.
Indicate if you'd like to give a formal presentation at the workshop.